The FAST Initiative aims to establish a Technology Platform for Femtosecond and Attosecond Science and Technology at the ETH Zürich, in collaboration with PSI, the University of Bern and the other Swiss Universities. This new center of excellence is to become a focal point for interdisciplinary research, collaborations, education, and technology transfer in ultrafast science.
- a technology platform for ultrafast lasers and detectors
- dedicated lab space with superior access to cutting edge research tools
- a home for interdisciplinary education on bachelor and master level
- a base for young researchers with SNF Professor and ERC starting grants
- a tool to create stronger synergies between the PSI and other universities
- space for an industrial application/development lab